This year I've not only been speaking at events, attending meetings on the new curriculum, working with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to create a scheme of work, creating videos for @GeekGurlDiaries, helping to run CAS #include, and my doing my day job - teaching, I've also written a book!
That was the idea anyway! I felt that may of the books and tutorials available for the Pi assumed some prior knowledge, and were hindering getting young people started or keeping them enthused. I hoped that my book would go back to basics and point young people and novices in the right direction.
It is due for release on 22nd November 2013, just in time for Christmas! You can get a copy from amazon both in the UK and US.
- Getting set up and started with hardware & software
- Using Linux (both command line and GUI)
- Programming in Scratch
- Creating graphics with turtle
- Programming in Python
- Programming Minecraft Pi
- Creating music with Sonic Pi
- Using GPIO and basic electronics
- A final big project
- Where to go to learn more
Hope you enjoy it.